Sunday, October 11, 2015

Painting With Wasps

On the last leg of painting the stucco portion of the house. Have to make
a point not to be too distracted by some stucco repair too.

This morning I notice some huge wasps that I disturbed when I moved
the ladder that I'm using. I've been around wasps many years now, being
an avid gardener. I have a respect and awareness that keeps us both in
existence.

Years ago I got stung three times by wasps in the same season. Needless
to say that my bodies resistance to them was losing. My lymph nodes
under my arms started to talk to me. So my next strategy was not to
get stung again anytime soon. No problem there, knowing what I know
now.

Did not resort to pesticides, I just made an effort to not disturb known
hangouts of wasps with out using a broom first. If I find them I just
knock down their nest and wait some time before doing what I need
to do. This is what works for me and not a suggestion to try this your
self.

Going on nearly ten years without a sting by a wasp that is. There are
plenty of non insects that will bite you in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment