Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Eggplant Plant Update



Two firsts, one first is growing Eggplant
in Florida. Last time I grew Eggplant was
when I was fourteen maybe and it was in
Michigan. The other first is it being the Japaneses variety.

The beauty of growing anything is finding
and implementing the plants requirements.
You are easily rewarded with exponantial
growth as seen here since nearly three
weeks.

Already there has been several catipillars
doing what they do best and I believe that
the fall time is the worst for pests too. I believe I saw a Fritillary Butterfly flinting around the
other day, will have to be extra vigilant. Nothing these two fingers can't squish or flick off this
robust specimen.

Watering with rain water has ceased. will have to use city water, poor substitute of nature's finest life
giving elements. The bright afternoon sun is certainly no slough either. Notice the Spanish Moss for
mulch, another first. Not much of a fan for the stuff. I have one spot in my yard that it is in abundance. Why not let it work for me for once.

To settled in to have to go out and rehoot this picture. The one bad thing about my new
cell phone is the screen is not bright enough to compose a subject as one can see from
these photos.





                                                                                                                                                                                       


Reading and getting some
good pointers from this
Library book. Was never one
to go all out on recommendations
like these but will tweek what
I'm doing and take from it what
I feel to be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment