Saturday, October 24, 2015

Experimental Kitchen Returns - Sweet Potatoes

I rarely eat sweet potatoes for one of the obvious reasons, it is too sweet for me.

It didn't stop me from picking up a tray of baby sweet potatoes of three different
varieties. Your typical orange variety, creamy yellow and the deep red skinned
kind. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are other colors too.



This Experimental Kitchen differs from my other experiments in that I'm in
the rare mood to make something that I generally don't like, to something that
I will now enjoy. You know that yuck face that you have no control over.
It's that natural instinct that your body is trying save your life and spit it out,
face.

So I've come up with five variations, really trying hard to get my taste buds in
agreement that we would like to eat this color of vegtables in the near future.
Cacao, Vinegar, Olives, Black Pepper , Pickles and Cinnamon. You might notice
I have a theme here with trying to combat the sweet.

Using my trusty Stainless steel with some non-stick spray.


First taste was with just the Cacao, total fail. Second taste was with Vinegar. In the two
tastes thus far, it went from fail to this one's really good. Vinegar is definitely a must, but
then there is the Olives. The Olives, wow! I would have never thought that I could get a
wow out of eating sweet potatoes. As a few times I've tried sweet potato fries, they were
good but not something I would desire.

As for the pickles, it's like, hey you got your pickles in my sweet potatoes and not in a good
way. Kind like on Thanksgiving day, where you load up your plate and somethings just don't
clash well. I can see a Thanksgiving pick up line in that should anyone want to use it. You may
have the same results that I had culinarily speaking , but I digress.

Now to finish what is on my plate. The last remains fail to remain in their initial applications and
tend and will mingle. To my pleasant surprise there were hints of Cacao that I was ready to dismiss.

My final conclusions and worth a repeat to confirm whether this is a keeper and a means of adding
another once distaste to the tasteful. For a final recipe, I would pile on the olives with vinegar. The
vinegar shown in the top picture was recommended by a friend who is a very good cook. With a dash
of cinnamon and even less Cacao.

The reason I suggested Cacao was I had just recently read to include Cacao as spice and not as something that you had to add some kind of sweet and in this case, pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment