Sunday, December 13, 2015

We've Seen Those Colorized Old Time Postcards



Friday's walk  revealed this lack luster landscape. No dramatic cloud formations
to liven up the sky, to my liking. Nary any color to speak of, only some great balmy
temperatures. I was just mentioning this to my neighbor on my return home that this
weather is bragging weather to our family and friends up north.

To salvage a picture of one of my favorite weeping bottle brush trees outside the
vicinity of my yard. I would speculate that this tree would have been planted
many years ago when weeping bottle brush trees were the landscape plant choice.

Not as stately, just a bit put out or perhaps just lazy.
 There's another weeping bottle brush tree (above) growing on the opposite of the lake
at the edge of the lake along side a dock.

Unlike this one where I doubt it was planted in the lake where it stands now, but perhaps
once planted at the lakeside and has now found itself unto an island of it's own.

The city and landscapers have been planting miniature bottle brush trees this year.
Although the non weeping variety from what I can tell. They have become once again
a common sight.

So to add some color saturation where little color can be found. Color hue manipulation
although unnatural, but then a lot of those old colorized postcards and pictures of the
day took on that look, well, colorized. 


No comments:

Post a Comment