Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Florida's Version of Michigan's Version (Caution, Spider Alert!)


















This spider may be the closest version of what we called a
Daddy Longlegs spider while in my youth in Michigan.

This creature was digitally collected while visiting yesterday
at friend's home on the northside of town.


I'll never forget when I was showing my very young nephew
a National Geographics magazine. Turning the colorful pages
not knowing what was coming up next.  Sharing the wonders
and exotic pictures to a young mind and to my adult mind as
well and what would be next on a double spread of pages?
No sooner than the time it takes for the page
to settle do we have this blood curdling scream coming from a now
terrified child. Thinking to myself, what happen to that person, only
a few seconds ago that was my nephew. I can only imagine the expression
on his face that is now starring at this larger than life spider. Not
remembering but it must be a really hairy, as most people's stereotypical
description and perceptions of spiders. As copious amounts of
adrenaline and their obvious fear that now has taken over and only
fueling their fear even more.

The one of many things we learn as we travel through life.




No comments:

Post a Comment