Sunday, December 6, 2015

First Meal And Its The Weather Folks That Takes The Cake

A balmy seventy six degrees and I have my electric stainless skillet plugged
in to the great outdoors just beyond my back porch steps. There's smoke in
the air and it's not coming from what I'm grilling.

What could be better than having fresh sockeye salmon on the grill during
in season. You would think in December, although not fresh but double
wrapped and thawed and sizzlin and cracklin as it shrinks on the hot skillet.
Toss on some sea salt and black pepper and then nestle it on some greens.














Yet when that first bite should knock your taste buds into high gear heaven.
It's a let down, all that build up from past experiences and just looking at it
makes my taste buds drool.

The last two years have been disappointing and yet I still have hope. Perhaps
our supermarkets no longer get top choice in spite of what we are being charged.
Florida couldn't be farther from Alaska, assuming that is where it is from. So
fresh can only be so fresh.

A recent article on Wild Salmon and like Grouper, there could be some fish
swapping going on. Not to mention farm raised Salmon, along with this new
fast growing variety that has been engineered.

I have four to five more Salmon steaks in the deep freeze. It looks like I will
have to lower my sights and enjoy them with my imagination. As long as I
have this  beautiful weather to enjoy it makes up for a disappointing catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment