Thursday, December 3, 2015

Spotted A Young Eastern Gray Squirrel With WhiteTuffted Ears

No picture, but I was looking out my kitchen window at two young squirrels dashing
around on my the Camphor tree and fence. I noticed one of them had very bright white
tuffs of fur behind it's ears. I had to do a double take to see what I was seeing.

Not a big of fan of squirrels, but it goes to show you that they have something
of interest.

I have three huge Bald Cypress trees that I planted in my backyard that the squirrels
use as a sky highway to traverse from one side of the yard to other. The squirrels also
find the cones good to eat and perhaps a nice change from the the typical acorns.

As I am writing this, I can hear the squirrels sounding their distinct alarm. No doubt
for one of several neighbors cats making their presence known.

My naturalized yard also only attracts the urban wildlife, in every sense of the word. 

Sciurus carolinensis

No comments:

Post a Comment