Sunday, April 26, 2015

Up On the Roof - Camphor Tree - Cinnamomum camphora

  My Triannual Camphor Tree maintenance which, mostly involves
trimming the canopy. Both for manageability and for Hurricane Season reasons.



   This tree is is also my Helper tree that I use to climb up unto the roof of my house.
I feel a whole lot safer using a ladder and tree combination to access the roof, both
up and down.

  This tree also helps shade the kitchen and gives me a great view from the kitchen
of it's interior.










 This allows me to be that perennial tree climber that started when I was
 a young boy and the wisdom to wine down that youthful exuberance.
  I've had a neighbor describe me as the guy always up in the trees. Know
doubt referring to my once ambitious biannual tree trimming campaign.









If this view doesn't beckon one to climb.









  Also while up on the roof I sealed and secured some loose flashing around the 
chimney base with concrete screws and caulking. 

  With the mornings heat and may be being up on the roof too long is when I 
start to ponder a random of act of Yoga on top of the roof. Perhaps a handstand
against the chimney, anybody? Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment