Friday, April 24, 2015

Bread and butter and something green is missing

 As I was taking yesterday's pictures for a post. I noticed how
lacking in green my home diet has been. Not that there has been
much.


Take for instance my fast food prep.
Bread and Butter (spread) made
with sprouted grains and Sauerkraut.
Fast and easy and fills in when
needed and just wants to feed that
need, be it emotional or your stomach's calling.
  The only real effort is splitting the
frozen bread slices and a light toasting.
The rest is just stuffing your face.




This is when it hit me. Where is the green?
Some Arugula perhaps, something!

Yesterdays mail there was Aldi's mailer
and to my surprise, organic Arugula.
Wonders never cease.











So todays lunch at a Chinese buffet, I think the 'Where is the green?,'still took hold.


First plate is typical.


Second plate, I was really seeing green.
No longer have to wonder what it is like being a cow grazing on some grass.
The green beans where exceptionally crunchy and chewy.


Unusual air plane activity is in the air, must be time for the annual fly-in.




Made these these for late afternoon snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment