Friday, May 8, 2020

Specimen Gets A Head Cut


I knew this was going to happen as soon as I bring this equatorial potted plant indoors
to preventing from catching a cold, from our below sixty temps tonight.

The waiting and pampering need is gone, now that I witnessed it blooming. No
fruit, but hey. Now I can take it down a notch, not only in care but manageability.
This potted behemoth must way close to fifty pounds and that is if it hasn't been
watered.

So here it is, having just brought in the afternoon before.



Then I saw what I needed to do while processing this second glamour shot. Mind you
that I have been contemplating since August of last year, after the grand finale. As how
and if I'm going to trim it down to a more manageable size, as in Bonzai or in this case,
macro-Bonzai.

I'm one of those, form over function, every time. So after the first lop, having seen that
in my minds eye. Just the top canopy, if you will. I go out of the room to let it marinate
a bit and when I come back. Not enough!

Viola! This is where you say, this is going to hurt me than it will hurt you 
and it was true. I didn't hear a peep from this. I even found a nice chunk of 
charcoal to bring in the spirit of the Bonsai.

Perhaps one day when this flushes out and when I look for the that unattainable fruit 
low and behold. Well, I can always hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment