Thursday, May 21, 2020

Latest Orchid Full Reveal


With the head of the Australian Frilled lizard...hehehe.


























I'm still grappling with the fact of my being underwhelmed with this piece of beautiful
of existence we call an orchid bloom.

A standard grocery flower comes to mind, the so called Peruvian lilly or it's Latin
name Alstroemeria. To me the common name and the Latin name doesn't
help me either. They sort of cancel them sleves out just like this orchid imposter
similar coloration and striped throated petal. No doubt hybridized to no end.
Well there was an end and this it.

In fairness I was anticipating a white orchid bloom, where that I came from is not
concrete, but more like a desire than anything. Then there was a blush of pink
that intrigued and conflicted with my mental image of what should have been.
This is where reality and imagination collide.

Any way it is what it is. I still enjoy it's non orchid like foliage,which is the real
reason that I purchased this unique beauty. The bloom, meh.

This adventure still continues, knowing now that this specimen could use a lot
more sun exposure. This should give me more pencil like structure, and a lot
more blooms. Perhaps by then I might look at it differently, or not.

I've spent years waiting and conjoling a Cacoa tree to bloom and by no means
was the bloom any where as near this spectacular but it was the process and
the fact that it did bloom as in two blooms.















I shall call you Twiggy or
Pencilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment