Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Trading Up and Trading Down

  The last couple of days I was wondering how I was going to pot up my newly
required Japanese Eggplant 'Ikebana'. I knew where it was going to go and in a
pot , just not which pot knowing that I wasn't going to purchase same.

 I've been here before and just like last time it comes to me in passing. This
time it was passing potted  Black Ti Plant that was recently salvaged from
the garden knowing that it's roots were still viable. About a month ago a new
sprout had emerged. Thinking that this pot was way too big for this little sprout
and that this nice chunk of real estate was not maximizing it's full potential. 

Introducing the Japanese Eggplant 'Ikebana' which now is smiling at it's new
digs. A win win on both accounts, Black Ti Plant has a new lease on life.
Japanese Eggplant 'Ikebana' has plenty fertile soil at it's feet.


  One of the last remaining spots
that has plenty of sunshine.
  I felt I had to pluck off the flower
developing at it's second leaf that
is showing in the photo but is no
longer now. So it can pour more
of it's energy in establishing it
self in it's new environment.

The ever growing and reliable
Vinca minor, pink flower off to the
top left. This one also, not shown
comes in my favorite non-color,
white.



  Small plant, big sacrifice this Black Ti plant, I hope it won't regret. The black
color won't reveal it self until it gets more sun exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment