Saturday, September 19, 2015

String of Stars Trail a Crescent Moon

   Looking southwest before the lights go out. The crescent moon can be see at top right.

  It wasn't till after processing this picture did I wish I had headed to the north of the Lake to
capture another panorama looking south.  The only reason to keep this picture
was because it was the only record of my crescent moon.


  While peddling around the Lake last evening and not knowing exactly what I was
witnessing. I did see a crescent moon and a string of stars. I used to do
some minor constellations gazing during my mid-night shift stints while in the
Air Force. So I knew I was onto something worth mentioning.

  Which sets the stage for the lunar occurrence in our evening sky. Only to find out
while researching what I had seen, that the planet Saturn was thrown in the mix
to.



  So I swiped this off the net and added my
own crescent moon to the best of my recollection. Looking due west.
Saturn not shown and had it been last year
Mars would have been close to it's red
celestial partner, Antares. An event
that occurs every two years.







  This is where Saturn would have been in approximation only, to our crescent moon
and constellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment