Saturday, September 26, 2015

Elongate Twig Ants - Pseudomyrmex gracilis

 Boy can they bite! If they don't crawl up on you they will fall on you
out of tree or from where ever up above. I wouldn't say that they are
aggressive, but if provoked they will let you know.
  As I was preparing these pics to send off to a really good web site
What's That Bug. It was then, that I stumbled on a picture online that
it's name was revealed. Know thy enemy. Que dark dramatic music here.
  The twig like thorax is a dead give away.  I'm really proud how the first
pic turned out considering what I had to work with. Bless you Photoshop
Elements too.







  This little guy was exploring the kitchen counter and my water bottle.

  If you knew how long I wanted to know their name and to identify them. They
take first blog entry over my finding an Eggplant plant this afternoon.

  No bugs were harmed, by the way, in the taking of these pictures. Live let live.

No comments:

Post a Comment