Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Experimental Kitchen - Fresh Fava Beans

  The only freshness of these Fava beans is the fact that I broke them
out of their shells. Not saying how long they been in my refrigerator
all sealed in the ubiquitous packaging of plastic and Styrofoam.
  I read where the shells can be eaten too, but I was concern with the
end effect if you get my drift, knowing that I had a yoga class tonight.
One of few hazards of concern when attending a yoga class.
  Recycled the packaging and tossed the shells in my yard waste. While
enjoying the smells coming from my trusty and possibly slowing dying
electric skillet.


Fava bean shells brought back from the yard waste for a reshoot.



To late for a reshoot on this unfocused shot and before the heat to bring them to the edible stage.
  While they were cooking I kept getting a grape smell, go figure. A taste at half time revealed
a sweet corn and pea flavor, no surprised there.


Beautiful!  
  At this point and perhaps by another means one would proceed to remove the outer
covering. Hey, lets remove all source of fiber and to some more needed nutrition. Needless
to say that wasn't going to happen on my watch. A nice roasted potato flavor comes to mind
and was thinking what a great Hummus this would make. Drizzling some olive oil and tossed
with some Compari cherry tomatoes and a dash of vinegar.

  Will have to keep these on watch. I hope I don't have to wait a whole year and not sit my
refrigerator as long as they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment