Sunday, July 19, 2015

That Background Noise that shall be indentified as RoundAbout

To my knowledge, the city's first roundabout and nearing completion in the
construction with just laid asphalt. This is what we see approaching the
main street with the blocked off portion to the right that leads into the newly
constructed roundabout. I am currently on my bicycle and going for a couple
of laps around the lake. Beautiful cloud and sunset showings this evening too.


Looking beyond the barricade looking west. This is when I discover that asphalt
has been laid and that I will have to test it out on my bicycle on the way back.
New sidewalk on the north side of the main street which leads to a cross walk
only and will not continue along the same side of street.

Once around the lake and looking east at the roundabout its self .


You can see in the distance the barricade near the entrance to our street to
my neighborhood.


One of three brick lined cross walks. This is where I embark on taking a trip
around the aroundabout via bicycle. I hope there will be some bike lanes included
in this planned slow down about aroundabout. Note the red sand used to fill in
between the bricks. I wonder if that sands redness is the real deal, red iron oxide
or just some man made crap.

Today, Tuesday I saw stripping for bike lanes laid out in the road way of the
RoundABout. The last of the missing pieces that was a mystery. Cool.

This previous Friday they did the median plantings with flowers. I wonder
who even notices the flowers. I only do when they are changed out with
new ones. The circle opens Tuesday. Watched some moron in the circle
with their car moving the barricades to get out of the circle. An elderly woman
whom I recognized too. Let the Circle games begin.



No comments:

Post a Comment