Monday, July 13, 2015

Dem Egg Laying Lizard Diggin Brown Cuban Anoles

  Just as I was dumping a batch of diluted fish emulsion on this potted Budha
Belly Bamboo.  That I realize that when I saw this lizard, face deep in some top
dressing of soil I tossed on the surface as a result of remixing a soil mix for newly
acquired Texas Ebony seedlings. Not only did this lizard not budge from its mission
until it backed out and I saw an egg. Not only have I seen these eggs before and not
a hundred percent sure of their origin.  So when the lizard went back in head first, I
was thinking that it was going in for a feast. I also was amazed at it's determination
that I decided to break out the video on my cell phone.

 It wasn't until I watched the video did it come to my realization and witness to
the fact that this lizard had just buried this egg that it must of laid into a hole that it
dug in the loose top mix. As is then proceeded to bury it quickly with quick  and 
evolved  means of a quick get away and don't see what I just did escape. She jumped
a bout six inches away to gaze at me and her handy work before bolting off.

 No different from squirrels that hide their stash of acorns that they will never locate
again is the fate of this egg that may and I hope will hatch within five to seven weeks.
I've been seeing a lot of one inch newly hatched lizards of late too. Thinking not that
there were several potted plants that received some top dressings that may now double
as lizard nurseries.


No comments:

Post a Comment