Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Bases For All Plant Foundations...

Beaucarnea recurvata - Ponytail Palm



Beaucarnea recurvata - Ponytail Palm

My backyard specimen has two trunks that are at least fifteen feet tall. Some
lichen at the base to show it's age. As to it's age, I would have dig in my records
to see if it's been documented. What I do know is that it's not as old as the Bald
Cypress base at the top right of this picture and that is at least twenty years old.
The first of three clusters of cypress that I planted on my property.



This pair of Ponies are still in their infant stages, relatively speaking of course.
I will have to make an effort to maintain these specimens to their singular trunk
status. Zoom in closer to their base. The one on the left is sprouting new
offshoots, which in turn can be excised and with care propagated into new
plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment