Friday, December 7, 2018

Green & Red This Time Of Year Screams The Holidays - Malvaviscus arboreus - Turk's Cap Hibiscus
















Holiday's can also means sweets. Not only are these flowers edible
but they can be sweet.

Catch them just when they open and what you see is the most open that
they will ever be. At the base once you separate the bloom from it's base
and if your timing it right you will get a pleasant taste of it's sweet nectar
normally reserved for humming birds and other nectar hunters other than
use humans.

I was also collecting some greens for my compost pile and this plant is fast
growing so there are always a few branches that it can spare. Along with
nutritious reds for me to eat. So my compost gets what it needs to make a
complete and nutritious humus and I get to add to my list of something
new to add to my so called stomach's compost or biome.

BTW Iguanas and Turtles love to eat these flowers to.

This picture should be a good candidate for my Holiday digital doodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment