Tuesday, November 3, 2015

yESterDAY aNd TOdaY - tHE mASteRvISa Mystery Continues


Last patch of stucco that was painted with a finish satin coat. 











First meal, Tuna fish salad w/Avocado.

Neighbor phones in regards to her porch railing. I go to assist and assess
the situation and also notify her friend about this bogus install. She
relays to me this evening while two Bright House vans were on call at
my neighbors house, that the railing install was probably her brother,
with good intentions I would hope.











Called my credit union to what appears to be an overcharge I discovered
while exploring the credit union's web revamp. I was advised to first make
an attempt to resolve the overcharge with the merchant.

I bring this overcharge information to the merchants attention with
all the particulars and waiting for a return call.

More I dig and ask questions and this takes three credit union associates
before I discover a missing verification time stamp. This verification I find
out activates at the time your card gets swiped at the time you make your
purchase. Along with a record time stamp when this transaction gets sent
to my credit union, which in this case was at four in the morning.

Another item in my discovery yesterday that the date shown on my statement
was not the transaction date but the process date actual day this purchase.
Because there was no swipe by me to initiate the verification is a big red
flag in my favor for a resolution. If this can't be resolved by me and the
merchant. It will go to the credit union and let them resolve this situation.

At this point I am suspending any conclusions until I hear from the merchant.

What should have been the typical purchase of $7.45 turned into an alleged
purchase of $67.56.




Our Target cashiers are still clueless and their card readers
need to take a page from Home Depot on how best to use
these new chip credit/debit cards.



Merchant called that they will refund me for the entire amount charge. This
was not an overcharge. This was an issue of duplicate number that existed
between Visa and MasterCard, one expired and the other (mine) still valid.

So the mystery continues


1 comment: