Saturday, November 7, 2015

Ode To The Lowly Iceberg Lettuce - First Meal - Let's Hear It For Vito's

Oh Iceberg Iceberg where aft you been? I aft not seen you, nor aft thought
of you. Until spotted and like that comment, "I didn't know so and so was
still a live".  I didn't know people still eat that pale cousin to the infinate
colorful selection and a bit more nutrient dense.

Your paleness could have been
blinding had I shot this in the late
mornings sunlight.

 A whole head of your crispy crunch
fills out this meal along a memory
sensory of BLT's, hamburgers,Taco's
and Pizza salads.

Vito's Italian restaurant of forty years, long
since closed, had this phenomenal wilted Italian
dressed Iceberg lettuce based salad that to me was
highlight of the meal.

I just learned today that Vito's son, chef
and co-owner of this restaurant died this year
in March.



Quick, put on your sun glasses, I'm about to reveal the sun blinding Iceberg lettuce.



Daniel Joseph Giannini
Daniel Joseph Giannini
Daniel Joseph Giannini













Can't say I didn't warn yah!

I hope all that sun exposure didn't burn off what remained of what nutrients that were there.


No comments:

Post a Comment