Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ripening Haas Avocados and Paris, France

While at the store last week I notice this women buying some really green Avocados.
I asked her if she ever had any issues with buying unripe Avocados. So she shared with
me on how she places them in a brown paper bag and placed in a cool dark corner of her
kitchen to ripen in days. I'm thinking to myself, I hope not all at once.

This week at the same store and with determination and the love of avocados I buy
three extremely green avocados. Blemish free as can be, only to get to the cashier
who manages to transfer them to wagon only to hear one of them fall to the hard
tiled floor. Heard it like a wooden thud as only a green Avocado can.

I place this green bounty of delicious into a respectable brown paper bag that will
house and facilitate this ripening process. Two days later I reach my hand in thinking
that I don't want all of the captured ripening gasses that may have accumulated to
escape. To find at least one soft to the touch. If that wasn't enough, I had to remove
them from their confines, with no  to find three shades of ripeness. The darkest being
one that I would have picked on sight with the idea of  potentially being ready to eat.






This looks promising.





As I write these ramblings the tragedy that struck Paris, France weighs heavy on my mind
most and inseparable.

As far across the world it may seem, yet it is here in my thoughts, in this room. With the
notion that this level of violence, of this nature can happen any where there is disregard
for the human life.


No comments:

Post a Comment