Monday, November 16, 2015

Orbweaver Spider (Neoscona crucifera) Me Thinks! By Day and Night







This guy, and I do believe that it is of the male species, keeping still. After all it is
nocturnal and as you can see that it is broad daylight looking up in this corner
at the backdoor.

I suspect is the one responsible for threads of web that have been catching
in my hair as I pass through this doorway on numerous occasions. Once they
have spun their web for the evening and late night netting of insects. They
will then gather most of what they spun and eat the webbing. What few tendrils
of silk are left is what I feel as I had mentioned.

I doubled checked just a few minuets ago and sure enough he was out there, same
corner of the door jam, suspended upside down on a thread, while the misses is
touching up the web. Good thing I ducked really low as you will see.




Male spider top left and female
in the web almost diagonal from
the male spider.











Female spider running scrimmage and
adding lure like patches.



                                                 

Female with larger abdomen and weaves
majority of web.

No comments:

Post a Comment