Sunday, April 10, 2016

Two Days Ago And Two Snakes And Two Eggplants


Two days ago as I was heading out to water my potted
vegetables with some collected rain water. A Black snake
about two foot long decides to cross two driveway ribbons
of cement. I was more memorized by it's black scaly body
and how it slithered and it's undulating motion to cover. I
almost had enough time, or so I thought. To capture this
gorgeous beast on digital. By the time it took me to remove
my phone from my pocket and to power into photo mode,
less than seconds. It had slithered into the Azalea shrubs and
had no interest in being captured for this blog.

My second snake sighting was shortly after I had dumped my
first bucket of water onto to these thirsty veggies. As I turned
around, a tiny snake, in comparison to the Black snake. This
Ringneck snake crosses my path of concrete walkway. Its been
some time since I last saw one of those. I'm not sure how many
enjoy sightings as these but, it still sparks a sense of wonder to
me.

I was able to harvest two Japanese Eggplant from my potted
menagerie of potted veggies. As big as these were in comparison
to the remaining, juvenile looking ones. It wasn't until I sliced
these open for preparation did I realize that they were a tad green.
Not sure had I left them for a day or two on the kitchen counter, if
they would have ripened. This will be something to explore on the
internet. This also was one of those moments where you want to
taste what fresh tastes like. Where instead of Farm to Table, this is
more like Harvest to Table.

No comments:

Post a Comment