Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Cycle Continues

I was off to a great start this afternoon in preparing the next
generation of Tomato plants. While shoveling the remaining
compost from last season into a large pot and what do I see?






This green Anole, my Gardening Angel. These green Anoles used to
be the dominate lizard before being pushed out by the brown Anole.
So it isn't often I get to see one of these, but when I do, it brings a
big smile to my face and perhaps a blessing on what ever endeavor
that I may take on.


This ten gallon pot took nearly the rest of  last season's compost.
Along with some commercial organic fertilizer to get four Tomato
cuttings off to a good start. These cuttings have not rooted yet, so
I'm taking some risk and added some Spanish moss to shade them
and help them on their way. The Spanish moss should help with
keeping some needed moisture not only as a mulch for the soil
but hoping to trap some needed moisture around the plant cutting
it self.

Which brings me to my task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment