Sunday, April 24, 2016

Time To Get Creative With Some Green Tomatoes








Nearly three pints of green cherry tomatoes from my potted Tomato
plant. At the risk of waiting for these to ripe and possibly losing some
in the process to rot. I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to create
something out of almost nothing. First thing that came to mind was a
slaw of some sorts.While trying to not fall in to that trap of trying to
sweeten it to make it palatable.





Wine vinegar and pestso to help mask the bitterness and the undesirable
green tomato flavor. Green olives to give it a direction that my mind
wanted to go. Some beans for protein and color, with some yellow
mustard when all else fails. Olive oil and a dash of salt and black pepper.

I was happy that it didn't taste awful. I let it marinate longer in the
refrigerator knowing that it couldn't get worse. While thinking that I
could next time substitute an almost regrettable splash of lime juice
with some fresh pink grapefruit, which will be my next
round. After all, you've seen how many green tomatoes I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment