Saturday, April 30, 2016

Jamaican Cherry Tree - Muntingia calabura Finally Blooms


A month since my first discovery of this plant putting on some
flowers has just now opened. Seeing the bloom is where I can
see where some lazy someone would have called this a Strawberry
tree due to the resemblance in blooms.


Good thing some other
lazy person came up with another lazy resemblance. This time it
is it's fruit and that of a cherry. Otherwise I would have never found
the botanical name to this plant. I must of encountered four other
strawberry tree named plants. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for
common names and for good reason. Hoping that that common name
will lead us to that Latin name for when that common name fails
to pin it down otherwise.

One more time. Second time making up some Green Tomato Slaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment