Friday, April 15, 2016

Chaotey Squash Kitchen Windowsill Update

Not even a week since I discovered that this squash had sprouted
that it has since put on some serious roots. It gets transitioned to
soil culture today.

 Not only do I have a
viable plant but a potential tasty new vegetable to boot. I was able
to separate this sprout from it's mother ship, if you will and prepare
it in my skillet as I do other vegetables.



I did use a lower temperature of heat
out of caution, although it did take almost three times
longer to prepare. Over all it was worth it. The flavor was subtle and had
plenty of juice, to a point of being watery. Not unlike those canned
potatoes. The uncanny thing was the flavor. As subtle as it was and
worth tasting again to confirm. It sort of had a meaty flavor. The texture
was interesting and only made it more palatable. Should I have success
with growing this to producing some more will we have come full
circle with this vegetable discovery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment