Friday, January 1, 2016

Road Trip to South Tampa, Floor Repair, Plumbing and Yoga





So I took a road trip to fetch this once lost and now found treasured
stretch video. I also stopped at what was once my favorite health food
store with a great deli to get my first meal. Still good and always something
new to try.

All in time to get back home to meet floor contractor's day two on replacing
nearly two dozen of solid white oak plank flooring in four of the rooms.
It's been nearly twenty years since the last time these floors had that kind
of attention on this almost ninety year old home. Nearly thirty of those years
were mine. 



Day one.

Yesterday's work was about three quarters of the planks that needed replacing.
Transition from kitchen to gallery, music room and hallway were minor compared
to the back bedroom, which was half finished before calling it a day.

Change of plans, my floor tech will be here tomorrow first thing in the
morning.

Day two's floor repair, the worst of the five areas that were repaired.


I have a handyman/plummer on hold this week to work around my
floor repair and will coordinate some needed work on replacing my tub
faucet seats and 'O' ring for the faucet diverter. The kitchen sink needed
a new strainer and will have to have him back to address slow leak on
the kitchen faucet. He hauls his practice around in a seventies model
bread truck. With a seventies style logo too.



Off to yoga this evening to work out today's heavy trimming in the back
yard's white powder puff bush. About every couple of years I give
it a good thinning and something you might say to your barber, a lop off
the top, for good form and security reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment