Sunday, January 3, 2016

Four Face/Mask Set And Released In Fire

This is the first of several pictures that I had taken of a well worn T-shirt that I
had set fire to. It's not like I'm in the habit of setting fires in general. This was more
of a end of year and seeing the new year spontaneous burn. So I just snapped away
while this shirt laid on the concrete. Mesmerizing as most fires are and with everything
now a days, with cell phone in hands and capable of capturing a moment. It wasn't
until I processed these did I see face or more like masks. The one above I thought was
the most obvious. Mind you that this process of seeing is more reflective of how much
left and right brain dominance. How many times have you and another are looking at
clouds and speaking up that you see this or that and sometimes you see
it and sometimes you don't, same concept.


This was the second most obvious and now that I post this I see between these
two are those classic drama masks, Tragedy and Comedy. All of this takes on
a new dimension by being born of fire.


While still being human like and buried deep and if you notice it being
early in the burn. This face is small and yet intensely in an action of either calling or sounding
an alarm. Not so obvious but still intense. 





To me this one is combination of human and animal and more abstract than 
the other three. Multi dimensional and is worth exploring where revsiting
this image is essential.





No comments:

Post a Comment