Saturday, January 16, 2016

Going Bald At Their Own Pace

I have three groupings of Bald Cypress and they have their own timing
when they drop their needles.


I've indicated theses Bald Cypress trees in these pictures with white symbols.
This is my third grouping of The Bald Cypress that I had planted. In the middle
of this grouping is a Pond Bald Cypress and I started it from seed, gathered from
a tree along side a lake not far from here. They all though appear to start dropping
their needles working up from the bottom first.


Here is the second grouping of Bald Cypress trees and I can say for a fact
that the middle tree is the last to put on needles in spring by weeks compared
to the other two. So I can see why this tree of the three would be the last to
drop it's needles. The tree on the far left has been dwarfed considerably by
the other two. All three of these trees started off with dual trunks and was
the main reason why I selected them, but eventually one trunk dominated
and sucked the life out of the other and you wouldn't know it because
there are no remnants of that former self.




 Presenting the Originals. The granddad to the left of the tree will be last to drop
 it's needles.  I just collected some of these needles to burn in the house as a means
of incense. I also have some white oak flooring shavings from last night's project.




No comments:

Post a Comment