Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Meditation On Trimming The Side Garden






I may have crossed that line of subtle trimming and obsessive trimming
and the end results aren't telling either.
I hit all the points that needed to be addressed and that makes me happy and
if you look really close I think you will see the plants smiling too. 








Transplanted my garden pagoda to it's new location at this side garden. The 
pagoda still needs a few tweaks before it looks like it not only belongs but that it has 
always been there.








Didn't have to do much on this end of this side garden, which
started out as an instillation to commemorate our Gulf Oil Spill
brought to us by BP in 2012. Unlike the environments that have been 
impacted by the oil and the addition of the toxic dispersants. This man made simulation
of my idea of the Gulf of Mexico has finally come into it's own and only had
to recover from my hand in it's creation.

I have elements from the Mexican Beach Stones, Water Element with a recirculating
pump to the exotic plant life that is so indicative to having the human occupation and
it's demands and stresses. Some Florida coral rock and a couple native plantings of
native blueberries, orchid and Bald Cypress knees to round out it's extremes.


No comments:

Post a Comment