Thursday, March 24, 2016

Last Chill Time For Cacao Tree

Brought in my Cacao Tree for two nights now, the first being forty-four degrees and
the second night for being down to low fifties. Ok, I was just being a bit lazy but,
still cautious. The novelty of this tree still has my attention, obviously. I didn't take
into consideration when my Crape Myrtle tree had shed it's leaves that it no longer
shaded the Cacao Tree. Good thing it was the winter sun and the Vanilla Orchid
did show signs of being overexposed, pale green instead of a deep green leaves.
Time will tell in regards to the Vanilla Orchid. The Cacao Tree seems to have
survived this oversight, knowing that they preference to being in an understory
envirorment.





I mentioned earlier how this tree lost one of it's twin growing tips. Only upon
inspection that it shows a new side sprout. Time will tell just how viable this
new sprout becomes. I also gave this tree a nice dose of liquid organic food that
I just found. Not too fond of the scent they gave it to disguise it's origins. I
decided use it all up on what ever else I could so as not to be reminded of
it's off putting man made scent that reminds me of  fabric softeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment