Monday, March 28, 2016

First Blooms Of The Year

There have been several flowers in bloom by now, but there are
a few that catches my eye. Perhaps the novelty of these have not
warn off or perhaps they just might be my favorites.

This Bromeliad hasn't
put out a fluorescence,
that's Bromeliad speak
for bloom, in over four
years.

I must not have it in
it's ideal spot in the
yard yet.




This warrants a closeup shot of this beauty.



This flowering Hawthorne tree' bloom was the first one that caught my eye
and gave me thought to blog this show of first blooms.






This Hawthorne tree reminds me of the Ironwood trees that bloom
in the Florida Panhandle. The spring foliage on the Ironwood looks
brighter due to the Ironwood's jet black park. Quite the sight for those
that notice things like that. The Hawthorne tree shares similar
characteristics, such has being short in stature and has a 'Bonsai'
like architecture also. A great substitute for the Ironwood tree.


I've been waiting on theses Amyrillas to bloom, knowing they should
have been blooming in masses, two weeks ago. The first of two that
are in bloom and many more to go.


One more, the Pinwheel Jasmine bloom. This is another one of those
plant's architecture that caught my eye, although not shown off in
this picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment