Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Resue Me(s)


Well if you insist...

            wee little tadpoles...



and wee little, well you should have seen the other two specimens of Elderberry.


Going into shock from the jarring move from prime real estate to this temporary plastic pot.
Hopefully a good misting will help it a long or maybe not. Time will tell.

I remember seeing this weed, or so I thought at the time I told my neighbor that I would keep
his front patch of volunteers in check. Until I was in Tampa early March to pick up my violin
from a long needed repair. I stopped into a couple of places and always on the hunt for new
treats for the palette and what do I find? Some Elderberry flower infused sparkling water.
So after some internet research and now knowing that we have this growing in abundance
around a local lake. Not that I would want to eat anything that grew around this Federally
designated sick 'for lack of better technical term' lake. As in be fined or clean it up. Our fine
city took the cheaper route and paid the fine.

Just as these lake bound Elderberry plants went into bloom was when the city, although  late
into the game of can't come to a decision to quarantine the city, including the path around
this lake. The timing cut me off in trying to harvest some of these blooms to distill into some
sense and or version of some Elderberry nectar.

Yesterday, while reading a book and glancing up out the window and looks onto my neighbor's
collection of plant volunteers and what do I spy. The distinct gray tinged sharp narrow leaves
of what I suspect and confirmed with a quick internet search and what you see above.

Tadpoles, they are a piece of cake. Two feedings of guppy fish food a day and changes of
rain water based on how cloudy the water gets.

As for the Elderberry plant, all I can do is wait and mist it occasionally and protect it from
the summer's harsh afternoon sun. Should this plant bounce back I can feed it some tadpole
wasted water for a tiny nutritional boost.

Win win.


Looks like the water changing will be on a shorter schedule as they take on some
organic sprouted seeded bread, giving them even more fiber than they bargained
for.



No comments:

Post a Comment