Saturday, October 28, 2017

On Last Tadpole

I had scooped up some Tadpoles that had taken advantage of some
standing water, twice this month. Yesterday, I witness perhaps the
one and remaining Tadpole in captivity. I freshen up this water with
some collected rain water along with an occasional feeding of some
guppy food, where in the past I've seen these Tadpoles gobble up.

Today I was able to capture this lone taddy.




My Tadpolarium as I like to call it is a compromised setup. Circulating
water provided by a aquarium filter prevents mosquitoes from  
breeding, not knowing if Tadpoles feed on them. Tadpoles may not
like the steady water flow that the filtering process provides, hense
the trade off, but they do get their exercise. They can rest on the bottom
where they can also scavenge for an occasional feeding of guppy food.

In the past, I've had them develop into toads, where as by then their
lungs have been well developed and they will then cling onto the
side walls before they fledge from their watery beginnings or are
prayed upon by who knows what. Other frogs, Anoles and perhaps
a bird or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment