Saturday, October 28, 2017

Gardenia taitensis - Tahitian Gardenia (Update) & Gardenia jasminoides Radicans












I've had this a year and almost tossed it out due to it's
thirsty requirements. Having been potted in a lite soil
knowing that it is prone to root rot made this a high
maintenance specimen.

I tucked this into some other plants to protect it from
our scorching hot sunshine here in central Florida.
Having a moist October helps to, as I type this we
are still getting some light rain.

There are three stages of blooms captured in shot and
they are quite fragrant to. If I can only find a place to
put this in a the ground. I should say, I will make a place
to put this in the ground.

It's distant cousin to the back and left of this picture is a
Gardenia jasminoides Radicans distinguished by it's
long thin leaves.  That one needs a bit more light. I was
happy to get it this far. It's been nearly a year for each
gardenia specimens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment