Thursday, June 25, 2015

Finally a white Yucca Bloom - Yucca Liliales yucca

Back in May I had posted a picture of a potted Yucca specimen that was
towering out  and even threatening to bust out of the confines
of it's limited container.

Even a month back I started to notice other
Yucca's in bloom but mine? No signs of flowering.

I find that cutting back
the Yucca and re-rooting the tops were a convenient means to keep
this rampant grower in check, which is one of the first rules of
finding the ideal spot for a plant so as not to have to keep cutting
back because one didn't allow for natural state of growth and their
needs and above else, esthetics. Form over function here, every time.

So due to my keen eye for esthetics and obsessiveness. I decide to cut
back my potted Yuccas to reclaim my large planters and to replant
and share said cuttings. Of all the cuttings that I had offered and could
of been taken the one that was left behind had flowered to my astonishment.























As I post this I had to check out another tall Yucca to see if there might
be a bloom ready to open and of course there wouldn't be. It didn't want
to upstage this once towering Yucca that could.

No comments:

Post a Comment