Monday, May 11, 2015

White Powderpuff - Calliandra haematocephalla 'Alba' , landscapes and first blloms of the season.

Light trimming at the Powderpuff tree's base this afternoon. Three Italian Cypress
trees in the background, another favorite tree of mine, which makes for an interesting
landscape.


Another view of the Powderpuff tree and it's potential leaf litter for my forth comming
compost pile.

Our seasonal dry season is not the time to start a String Garden, having to water
three times a day just to get the Sheet Moss to green, not happening. Yet makes
an enticing landscape.

Neighbors cat, lazily lying around and at rare times when he will let me
scratch his belly. A welcomed addition to this landscape and cat white
is almost as bright as rock white.

What's a Ponytail Palm amongst two Bald Cypress trees? Grace!






I thought it necessary to cut out a tall Yucca similar to the one shown above,
due to it expanding the edge of the pot to it's maximum, short of busting the pot.
 I then proceeded to cut the top off and place it back into the pot where the one
 that was cut back. I will hold as long as possible before removing the other
tall one, in hopes that it may bloom.



This one had been cut back last fall and it has two new shoots.



Pagoda flower - Clerodendrum paniculatum

This Pagoda flower is one of three that I had placed amongst the Podocarpus hedge.
This is it's first bloom of the season. These were given to me from a fellow Yogi and
gardener. It's leaf texture and shape will give the hedge some interest.


Lily Of The Nile - Agapanthus africanus

  This flower is also having it's first bloom of the season and the fact that it
is in partial shade makes it bloom a bit later than others.



  I had to move this Aloe to more light because where I planted it originally in the fall
it was now getting shaded out by the azaleas. I found some rocks from some busted
up sidewalk and a round stone found nearby to add some balance. Hopefully this will
be the last time it is moved. This particular Aloe has a wonderful spike of orange
flowers.
  I don't have many hot or warm colored flowers due the hot temperate climate
that I live in, why make it hotter visually.



Cut-leaf philodendron - Philodendron bipinnatifidum, photo taken yesterday.

  A new shoot is sprouting from a cut to its trunk about a month ago. I was trying
to coral its sprawled out state. The piece that I took off from this plant is lying next to it
and it only looks a bit out of sorts. Hopefully when the wet season starts it will
come back to life. Plants have an amazing ability to survive in spite of our good 
intentions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment