Monday, June 8, 2015

Moving Time! - Michelia figo - Banana Shrub

Moved two Tea Olive trees and one Banana Shrub. These had been planted here
 from where they are being moved from for nearly four years. Too much sun and
dry for the Tea Olive and had not the Banana Shrub been such an attractive
specimen I would have dug it out years ago. I had purchased the Banana Shrub
when it was not in bloom and I was told how much it smells like bananas, well
I said to my self that I hope it doesn't smell like artificial bananas. Most people
make banana bread with artificial ingredients that they wouldn't know what the real
deal should smells like. Sure enough as soon as it bloomed, I said, what's that
smell?

Besides, my neighbor planted some trees that will quickly shade out these bushes
so where they are moved to now will be a lot better over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment