Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Spelling Bees

For three days , I was spell bound by some bees in the
neighbor's tree. I first noticed them not by site but by
sound. The sound of them buzzing. So, I never heard
them in real life so my mind was taking it's time trying
to wrap around just what it was that I was hearing. It
wasn't until I heard the neighbor calling out to his coworker
something about bees, was it when I looked up and saw
several bees swarming around the neighbor's garage and
then to the source, a tree branch about twenty-five feet
above the garage roof.

 Notified some neighbors to left themknow enough to keep their doors/garage doors shut should these
little guys decide to take up residence.

To get a better idea of the mass of bees, here is a blown out
zoom shot of our visitors conjuring their spell binding feat.







Day three of this phenomena we are left with a baseball sized honey comb.
Good thing they weren't all that serious in staying.

Looking back, I'm thinking it could have been more than three days that these
visitors were taking up residence here in our neighborhood. Not that I was
diligent in observing this colony 24/7. Every time I went to or from my back
door of my house did I take a gander to note any difference in activity. Out of
my three days of observation, it was only one day that they swarmed, otherwise
I might not of noticed them at all.

To my despair and perhaps some relief that they were gone only after a few days.

I even tracked down a once local bee keeper to try to get some insight. She was kind
enough to return my call after leaving a message.

Just yesterday I was able to speak to a bee keeper who was selling some honey.
I was told that perhaps these bees were on a quest to more hospitable enviroment
and this was just one of several stopping off points.

No comments:

Post a Comment