Sunday, May 21, 2017

Still A Beauty...Pulling this out of Draft Limbo

For most people I feel would warrant in cutting this driveway side
tree down. Bringing that day, should I witness it, when this tree
comes to either a natural disaster or by the hand of another and I
certainly hope, not mine.

This conjures up when I witnessed a sixty foot oak tree fall to it's
demise.

You may ask how did I know the height of this tree? When it's lying
across your neighbors front yard and knowing what that said length is
of said lot and with none to spare. It all comes together in a flash and
is something one does not easily forget.

As the door swings open as the strong gusts of winds buffet the door.
Ones natural tendencies is to grab said door, something only one would
do as adrenaline coursing through my veins.
The sight of the grass at the foot of the tree as the ground rolls up and
down, fluid and in sync as the tree rocks side to side. Looking like the
green artificial turf being put in place and easily taken up on a Putt Putt
gulf coarse, not static as you would think a lawn should be. The sounds
of the tree's vocal grown of defeat, the roaring of wind gusts. What is
one more noise as I contribute a roar of my own with intent and with
all respect, an Ohm, which by the way to my surprise and glee watched
this leviathan rest across my neighbor's yard.

The crescendo of tons of wet, perfectly viable arbor thunder
it's way to rest on an already saturated earth. Only to have had a
seismograph to bare such witness. Not knowing what small incremental
measurements it would to have registered such an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment