Sunday, May 21, 2017

Cacoa Tree Gets An Upgrade

Going on nearly two years next month this Prince gets
a pot upgrade. Pampered like a prince for it's privileged
and grace that it deserves in this world as only a Constant
Garden can only perceive.

Although we are midst of some record dry temperatures. This yard
would not have fared this well with out my tree cover. Let's hear
it for our urban forest.



Why only week ago I was told that this person I met at
our city's farmers market knows of one that raised a Cacoa
tree that lived in St. Petersberg, Fl. Although not far from
here but a bit warmer and with moist Gulf and Bay winds,
which the windy part of that is not the most favored of this
plant, is my understanding.

Using two new products in repotting this prince, including some ad-libbing.
Using a new potting soil that is more dense than I care for, therefor adding
some course Orchid mix to my simulated Central American jungle soil.

Although I'm keeping this potted specimen off the ground
to avoid any ground soil born critters to making residence.
I did find an earthworm in this root ball while transferring it
to it's new quarters.

Back to where it has done well these past couple of years.
Possibly one more size pot upgrade should hopefully do the
trick to get it make an effort to put forth a pod of Cacoa.

Listening to Tablo Ft. Jinsil - Bad

No comments:

Post a Comment