Tuesday, June 7, 2016

What A Soaker

One week into the hurricane season and already we are on our third named
tropical storm, named Colin. I don't imagine the rain portion of this weather
system has reached it's conclusion, while I survey my property.. Small branches
from the oak tree here and there.

 I did notice that snails were out taking advantage of all this moisture. Will have
to keep a watchful eye on my new bulb plantings for both snails and slugs. I
don't know what preys on sails and slugs. To bad it wasn't Dragon Flies,
 because I've been seeing more and more of those lately also.



Garden wall sentinel.













As for the new bulbs they are getting the best moisture
that nature can provide. What with just a handful of yellowing leaves
from the newly established bulbs. I was more concern with sun scald.
These cloudy last few days helped spare these new recruits to this here
garden, one less peril of the garden life.

No comments:

Post a Comment