Thursday, February 11, 2016

Planets In The Morning Sky, A Parade Of Winter Blooming Flowers In My Winter Garden

This morning we had a threat of frost, which didn't happen. I did get up early
enough to catch some if not the majority of planets in the morning's sky
before any sign of sunlight. I was able to see Jupiter and Mars from my yard's
driveway. I was also seeing Saturn but did not realize it until after looking at
an App that shows the constellations and planets from my vantage point.


The screen capture above is what I was seeing from my bedroom, showing
planets Saturn and Mars. Thus turning
my bedroom into my own personal planetarium.

This early morning light this flower from a Black Ti Plant caught my eye from
my back door which prompted me to seek out all of the blooming flowers in my
yard.

The Black Ti Flowers don't want to complete with the collage of colors that
this plant brings to it's leaves.









A Turk's Head Cap Hibiscus, a favorite food for Iguanas. Not that we have those
around hear, yet.




A Desert Rose bloom that has been blooming for some time now. It's just that it
has only been a bloom here and a bloom there.




A small and tiny bloom and yet a mighty fragrant flower. The Tea Olive flower.














A Camellia Bloom that is a little past peak and yet still striking among the dark foliage.



A couple of Formosa Azalea's in bloom and whose blooms thrives in these cool temperatures.







A starburst cluster of Clarendon flowers set off by it's dark foliage and can grow to
small tree proportions.





This white Verbena has some really fragrant foliage that always manages to delight when
released.



Some False or Mexican Heather, which has been a long time resident in this garden.



This coral bloom from the Buddha Belly plant never fails to set seed.



 This is some variety of variegated Sinensis flowering bush and it was a challenge to
photograph with my cell phone, worth mentioning. The fact that these flowers are
no bigger than a pea can have something to do with it too.





A very reliable flowering Japanese Eggplant.




The companion plant to the Eggplant is this rather reliable and viable flowering Tomato.
 I can even smell it's stringent and distinct fragrance just from looking at these pictures.







The self seeding Vinca, which comes in a couple of variations.






A another cluster of flowers, this being Walter's Viburnum.



A flower at both spectrum's of it's life cycle, bud stage and spent. This is the African Iris.


A flowering White Powder Puff still unfolding.




Chinese Fringe tree is showing it's first bloom of the year and frankly caught me
by surprise, thinking that it may be out of sink by blooming at this time.



Mostly spent flower of another variety of Clarendon also known as Bleeding Heart.




A fresh cluster of Pink Penta flowering from a recent cutting back.





A white Fire Cracker flower that needs revisiting. There is no excuse for an out of focus shot.
I'm glad I did now, too.




Last minute update and almost missed this Matchstick Bromeliad florescence. Had I not
been cleaning off the top of my carport, I would not have caught sight of this beauty.
Perhaps the most exotic of the bunch here too.



Another last minute update with another bashful flower. This was facing down
and tuck away in the center of this potted Camellia. 








Now for some of those lowly weed flowers. Having said that, this first weed flower has been
known as a collected specimen. I'm talking of Clover. Having captured while it's flowers are
opening, I can see why someone would want to include it in their collection. I happen to have
discovered a variation of this plant that someone had given to me unintentionally. This is a red
leafed variety of Clover that was in a pot of Wandering Jew that was lifted from their garden.



This flowering weed was another challenge to photograph with a cell phone. To as where,
I just gave up and found the end result rather appealing. This extremely small Aster like
blossom was in the stage of opening. Along with some spent flowers ready to go to seed
and broadcast their progeny among this weed choked portion of my naturalized backyard.








This Thistle like flower found the most opportune location to live out it's existence.
Up on top of my aluminum carport's gutter.




I've always referred to this as a Florida version of the Dandelion.



No comments:

Post a Comment