Sunday, February 7, 2016

Library Researsh For My House's History, Online Clerk Of Court

Spent a good part of Thursday morning and afternoon going through
of our cities City Directories. From 1928 on up to 1983, is when I
had to stop not realizing the time. Not only did I find some of the
original owners listings but several of the renters that had come
and gone over the years. Along with some of their occupations that
they would have taken time to provide for the solicited information
for these city directories.

Not to be confused with the Telephone directories, which were also
on hand in our libraries special collections.

I was able to confirm the ownership through our county's Clerk of Court
Search engine that is available online. However the only records of deeds
only go back to the early 1940's.

I hope to do some enquiries tomorrow on where I might find the first
deed or record of this house's construction,which not only to me but
to the county appraisal's office, has it listed as 1927.

No comments:

Post a Comment