Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Looky Looky

 what I found digging in my backyard while installing a new garden art installation.



Early forty's, Dura-Gloss nail polish bottle, no cap. that pink residue you see inside the bottle

has been called Tropical by said manufacturer. Patent shown on the bottom and it's variation puts

it about 1938 and according the advertisement that I found, yours for ten cents. Mine was free while

digging in my backyard for a reimaging of a former garden installation due to Hurricane Ian's

remodel of my back side yard.


This garden alter that was formerly my original back steps to my porch and painted accordingly.


  This alter , altered said event by guiding this downed thirty foot Podopcarpus tree to where

you see it resting between the alter and it's neighboring Crinum flowerless lily, long story

there.

  This constant gardener needs no push and shove to gets things in their place, new place.

Where upon, I find my current buried treasure, shown above.

 Alter has been moved an reimaged into a new/old ruin. Not to take away from it's former 

intended purpose but, lets say a transformation.


                        Note the three portals, I mean plant holders on the side, now ruin and not easily 

discerned is a small crevice of an opening on it's new face, for another plant candidate. The always 

present and close by native Florida Mayhop vine is waiting to give this ruin some greenery. Besides

this constant gardener's itchy green thumbs.


   This now ruin, revealing it's former face looks as if Hurricane Ian had spawned a tornado and

just tossed this into it's new location, good shot Ian, albeit with some new steel reinforcement 

thrown in for safety measures too, who knew.


                                           Let  the   plantings   begin . .  .    ..    ..       .     .       .



No comments:

Post a Comment