Friday, April 16, 2021

Today's Third & Second Plant Rescue

 

Reading the photo left to right, Bald Cypress seedling rescue #3 gets transferred from one pot

to another. It's just that the other pot was occupied and this seedling would dominate said  pot

in a matter of years, bedside's I have plans.


Bald Cypress seedling rescue #2 gets transferred from my driveway's grassy median, you know

the type, between two concrete ribbons. What can I say, old construction, old house, that will be 

celebrating it's Centennial in six years. I'm surprised to even have had spotted this little munchkin.

This being our dry season and where most landscaping chores get a respite, otherwise this seeddling 

would have gotten weed whacked down. I also have similar plans for this one also.


If you note in the background of the picture above you will see my largest Bald Cypress on my 

property, which I planted over twenty-five years ago. Although not from a seedling it was a well

established potted specimen. One of nine that I had planted over the years and hopefully these two 

new rescue seedlings will be given the same opportunity to thrive but, also with a twist.

 

I don't want to get a head of myself and will just leave it to ....time will tell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment