Sunday, January 26, 2020

'Under The Tree' by Seymour Butts





As the Ibis collect in the morning's sun's rays a top of my hybrid Live Oak.
I now know the source of the bird wash that I saw on some of my landscaping
yesterday as I was trimming some scraggly weeds.

One of my father's favorite sayings was, ask and you receive, as was answered
this morning to the source of this bird wash.

Now I know. Thanks for the fertilizer.
                                                                                 
    


Today seems to be full with some new nature discoveries.

This evening I witnessed my neighbor's cat catch a mouse in his backyard.
This location where the cat went on the prowl is where I witnessed a
Crow disembowel a rodent. I say rodent because it looked larger than a
mouse. So this location must be rodent central.

Whether it be a mouse or bird, cats really have no business out of doors
if you were to ask me. Some lame human discarded this cat and it has been
an outdoor survivor for many years, eating the lizards that called my yard, home.
That is until my neighbor started feeding it some store bought
crap.

What are going to do? Enjoy the awe of nature doing it's thing. No matter if it's wild
or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment