Saturday, February 16, 2019

Second Round Of Banana Pepper Seedlings & Parsley Arailia






I can't think of any better fostering care giver than my prized Cacao Tree. The seadlings
sitting the it's base are looking really healthy to. I feel this is a good indication of how
good and supplemented this soil is, having produced such vigorous seedlings.
Having a spell of warm temperatures sure helps also.

While there's always the threat of freezing temperatures, signs of spring have sprung.
I spent several hours the other day detailing the yard. I found and purchased a new brand
of organic fertilizer and gave some plants a top dressing.

While just this evening, as in under the moonlight I did some trimming. While weaving in
and out of the landscaping I have at the side of my house with a tune stuck in my head. I
managed to fill two garbage cans of trimmings.

Then if that wasn't enough I repotted and divided a favorite plant of mine, a Parsley Arailia - Polyscias fruticosa 'Elegans'. Splitting the Arailia in two not only gives me another individual
plant but allows me to give it a new form and interest. Perhaps a bit drastic for some, including
the plant it's self , but when it's done properly, it can be rewarding.


The Aralia has a tendency to get root rot if the soil hangs onto moisture for extended time, so
 it's best to use a premixed soil specifically for African Violets. This type of soil is a looser mix
and less prone to this malady that will seem to have come out of nowhere and devastate your
prized specimen. One day it will look healthy and days later it will appear to be wilting, in
actuality it is rotting from the roots up. If the the fungus hasn't got in to it's plant vascular
system's you might be able to save it by severing it and root it in water. I know, right?

Moisture can give life and it can take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment